Why OS X sucks
So far I wasn't able to stand this long enough to seriously comment on it.
- hostname is stored in xml in /System/Libraries/Something/Computer/Buttfucking/Documents/Properties.plist
- [obj-c sucks]
- That GUI. What the fuck. You can't maximize windows reliably? No task bar or anything (lolexpose)?
- Fucking menubar at the top. Trying to avoid locality as much as possible.
- I have to start the file manager to start programs? What the fuck fuckedy fuck fuck fuck?
- They are working hard to hide useful commands.
- You really have to use shortcuts to make use of the system in a sane way. And that from a company who spends millions on R&D with the results that shortcuts are a bad idea.
- Fat binaries.
- A slow-ass microkernel.
- Random broken shit all over the place:
- mac touchpad is MORE functional in linux than in osx: in osx you CANNOT simulate middle-click without holding meta keys
Luckily (?) it's soon to be replaced by iOS anyway.